Jumat, 16 Juli 2010
Choose your first dance wedding song
The first dance of the newlyweds is special not only for the couple but also the guests. The selection of the first dance wedding songs for this occasion reflects the personalities of the couple. The dance style and the song you chose creates a long lasting impression on the guests as this is the first thing you do as a married couple.
At such an occasion the parents of the bride and groom feel immense delight and joy to see their children in love. It is very common to choose a traditional style and select a love track on which the couple dances slowly and glides over the dance floor. Some couples eve take salsa or meringue dance lessons prior to their weddings so that they can dance well in front of the guests. However, remember that whatever style you choose to perform on ‘D’ day, you will not go wrong if you relax and be yourself.
Here are some steps you can take to choose your wedding songs first dance:
• The first and foremost step for choosing your own most popular first dance wedding song is to ask your would be spouse to choose a song for your first dance at the wedding which reminds him/her of you or of the relationship you share. Evaluate the songs he/she gives to see whether both of you agree on the same song and if it is suitable for your first public appearance as a couple.
• To make a list of all the first dance wedding love songs you are interested in, you can search the internet, the library or even ask your friends for popular songs you can play on your first dance.
• If possible you can play the songs your parents danced on at their wedding. Choose a song that has cultural, family or ethnic significance attached to it.
• Another way of selecting a good song for your first dance is to listen to romantic, danceable songs together. Listen to the complete songs or at least go through its lyrics before you finalize a song. You don’t want songs that have sexually suggestive lyrics to be played as your wedding songs first dance in front of everyone. This will be very inappropriate for a wedding reception where all your distant family members are also present.
• Ensure that the lyrics of the song lyrics are appropriate for the dance. If a band is going to play your song, you will have to decide if you want an instrumental or the vocal version of the song. Remember that even if you are playing an instrumental of a particular song, chances are that your guests might already know the lyrics of the song and hear them in their minds.
• Be sure of letting your band or DJ know about your choice before hand so that they can prepare for it in advance.
• Also make sure if you need to provide sheet music to the band of your wedding songs first dance and where you can purchase it. You might have to provide a recording of the song to the DJ.
• Think about taking dance classes together for your style of dance. It could be fun.